Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Fine Art final

About Jan Van Eyck.
Jan Van Eyck was active in Belgium. He also considered one of the most significant representatives of Renaissance. We don't know where he was born, because the history didn't record his birth place and birth time. A few old surviving records wrote that he was born in Maaseik during 1380-1390. He was good at using oil to paint, because oil dried slower than other materials. He could have time and space mixed other colors.
The picture called Arnolfini Portrait. Jan Van Eyck painted this during 1434. On the wall above the mirror said "Jan Van Eyck was here." Both of the people in the painting didn't wear shoes, this means innocence. This also means they were holding a wedding. The candle means God. Oranges mean treasure, also means sacred. Dog means loyalty.

7 comments:

  1. I love how you mentioned the "signature". This really shows an attention to detail and passion for the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your summary of his life and I also like the fact about them not wearing shoes and how that symbolizes innocence which I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your explanation is clear and to the point. I also didn’t know that not wearing shoes symbolizes innocence. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signature is the thing that impresses me when I was doing this blog and researching. I'm glad that you brought that up because it means a great deal to the piece itself, the artist and the background history (or story) behind this creation. Keep up the detail work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is summed up very nicely and easy to understand, showing the significance of everything around them is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blog,very very specific and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the attention to detail! I didn't know half these things when I was researching!

    ReplyDelete